Expanding the European agri-food digital innovation ecosystem’s capacity is a priority for 10 organisations that form Food-scalEUp, an EU-funded project that is focusing on emerging and moderate innovator regions. Its objective is to help these innovator regions become better connected, effective, impactful, resilient and recognised around the globe. To succeed, it will develop optimal business acceleration services in agri-food digital innovation ecosystems; foster connections and transfer knowledge regionally and beyond; and balance the capacity of agri-food digital innovation and acceleration ecosystems in the regions in question.
Food_scalEUp is a collaborative project involving 10 organisations covering 11 regions (5 emerging & moderate innovator regions and 6 leader and strong innovator regions, according to the Regional Innovation Scoreboard) in 5 countries. The project long-term vision is to foster the capacity of European regional agri-food digital innovation ecosystems, especially in “emerging” and “moderate” innovator regions, to be more:
- connected among their regional stakeholders but also with other European regional ecosystems; thus, advancing towards a European acceleration ecosystem;
- effective, by fostering the successful scaling-up of technology start-ups and SMEs;
- impactful, in terms of fostering the digital and green transition of the food industry;
- resilient; thus, still effective under crisis and highly changing conditions; and
- internationally recognised by and attractive for companies from other countries.
More specifically, the mission of Food-scalEUp project is to: (i) develop higher quality business acceleration services in agri-food digital innovation ecosystems of emerging and moderate innovator regions; (ii) expand the connections, knowledge exchange, collaboration at regional, European and international level, between key people representing the different actors of the agri-food digital innovation ecosystems involved in the project; and (iii) balance the scaling-up of start-ups and SMEs and the creation of local high-value added jobs in the European regions involved in the project, by balancing the capacity of agri-food digital innovation and acceleration ecosystems in those regions.
- ASOCIACION CLUSTER ALIMENTARIO DE GALICIA - ES
- AGRIFOOD CAPITAL BV – NL
- CENTRO EUROPEO DE EMPRESAS E INNOVACION DE NAVARRA SL – ES
- KOZEP-DUNANTULI REGIONALIS INNOVACIOS UGYNOKSEG NONPROFIT KFT – NL
- FOOD-PROCESSING INITIATIVE E. V – DE
- Stichting Food Valley – NL
- POLE EUROPEEN INNOVATION ALIMENTATION BIEN-ETRE NATURALITE – FR
- ASSOCIATION DU POLE DE COMPETIVITE VALORIAL
- TECHNOPOLE QUIMPER CORNOUAILLE – FR
- NORMANDIE INCUBATION - FR